Modeling of virus removal performance and related health risks in water reclamation practice employing AnMBR
The ever-growing world population is challenging our capability of ensuring water supply, more advanced and sustainable ways of wastewater reclamation is the key. As an emerging technology, anaerobic membrane bioreactor has drawn interest worldwide for its nutrient removal capability and energy efficiency. However, the effluent may still contain virus particles and pose a threat to public health. Studies on its virus removal performance and mechanisms are still at an early stage. In addition, the real-time monitoring of virus removal performance would be of great significance for further applications. This study aims at the modeling of virus removal efficiency and related health risk management by developing a prediction model using on-line sensors.
Sept. 2013 – Jun. 2017 Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Sept. 2017 – Dec. 2018 Master of Science in Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- Early warning of COVID-19 in Tokyo via wastewater-based epidemiology: How feasible it really is?
Yifan Zhu, Wakana Oishi, Mayuko Saito, Masaaki Kitajima, Daisuke Sano
Journal of Water and Environment Technology, 2021, 19(3), 170-183.
- Early warning of COVID-19 via wastewater-based epidemiology: potential and bottlenecks
Yifan Zhu, Wakana Oishi, Chikako Maruo, Mayuko Saito, Rong Chen, Masaaki Kitajima, Daisuke Sano
Science of the Total Environment, May 2021, 767, 145124.
- Virus removal by membrane bioreactors: A review of mechanism investigation and modeling efforts
Yifan Zhu, Rong Chen, Yu-You Li, Daisuke Sano.
Water Research, January 2021, 188, 116522.
- The effect of GD1a ganglioside-expressing bacterial strains on murine norovirus infectivity
Yifan Zhu, Hiroki Kawai, Satoshi Hashiba, Mohan Amarasiri, Masaaki Kitajima, Satoshi Okabe, Daisuke Sano
Molecules, 2020, 25(18), 4084.
- A novel heterogeneous system for sulfate radical generation through sulfite activation on a CoFe2O4 nanocatalyst surface
Zizheng Liu, Shaojie Yang, Yanan Yuan, Jing Xu, Yifan Zhu, Jinjun Li, Feng Wu
Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2017, 324, 583-592.
- Efficient oxidation of bisphenol A with oxysulfer radicals generated by iron-catalyzed autoxidation of sulfite at circumneutral pH under UV irradiation
Yingtan Yu, Suqi Li, Xinzi Peng, Shaojie Yang, Yifan Zhu, Long Chen, Feng Wu, Gilles Mailhot
Environmental Chemistry Letters, 2016, 14(4), 527-532.
- Gastroenteritis patient prediction based on wastewater-based epidemiology and dynamic modeling
Yifan Zhu, Wakana Oishi, Chikako Maruo, Masaaki Kitajima, Daisuke Sano
Water Environment and Technology Conference 2020（WET2020, Nov. 7-8, 2020, Online)
- Can we predict the COVID-19 epidemic by testing wastewater? A framework of wastewater-based epidemiology combined with deterministic compartmental model.
2nd Academic Forum on Environmental Forum (Oct, 30, 2020. Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University)
- Best Poster Award at the 2nd Academic Forum on Environmental Studies
Oct. 30, 2020. Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University